The next 6 weeks presents a golden opportunity for those serious Austin home buyers looking for an advantage. While most people are busy planning, preparing and coping with the demands of the Holiday Season, determined home buyers can take advantage of other people’s pre-occupation. What are some of the advantages of buying a home during the Holidays?
Advantages of Buying a Home During the Holidays
Holiday House Shopping Means
- Fewer Active Buyers = Less Competition
- Less Likelihood of Multiple Offers
- Less Chance of Being Outbid
The Holidays Reveal Ultra Motivated Sellers
- Active holiday home sellers are usually highly motivated, or they would have taken their home off the market.
- Distressed property managers (foreclosures, REOs) are coming up on their end-of-year quotas.
Shop During the Holidays and Avoid Potential Missed Opportunity
- One never knows when the “just right” home will come on the market
- Putting your home hunt “on-hold” takes you out of the game
- Great homes don’t wait for you to be ready
- Holiday season over-spending can deplete and stall your purchase
Best Time of Year to See a Property – Realistically – At its Worst
- Roof leaks, water intrusion and flooding are more evident
- You can avoid the unpleasant, costly surprises the summer might bring
- Sellers get a more realistic view of the flaws of their house
- You’re in a more powerful negotiating position
- Dismal, dreary weather can diminish some of the seller’s dreams of a high price
The Holidays Give Buyers an Advantage
The Holiday Season and its wake is a great time to buy, but don’t expect a “steal-of-a-deal”. Work with an experienced Buyer’s Agent and stay focused. After 60+ years of combined experience, we’ve learned there are seasonal advantages for both buyers and sellers. For the next 6 weeks, it’s the buyer’s advantage. I think you’ll find – as I have – that you’ll get a more polite, receptive response to your offer and maybe even a better deal than shopping any other time of year.
Ready to Get the Austin Home Buying Process Started?
Check out the Best Home Buyer Program in Austin to learn how we’re different. Then, fill out our Buyer Survey, call us at (512) 827-8323 or email us at info@11OaksRealty.com to schedule a no obligation consultation. Remember, hiring your own Realtor to represent you is free!