Finding the perfect condominium is an unrealistic expectation, but finding the right condominium for you is realistic when you pay attention to the details. The key question to ask yourself before buying a condo is: “How much will I enjoy living in this unit?”
How to Evaluate Which Condo is Right for You?
The Downtown Austin condo market is exploding with new condo construction projects popping up all over Austin. A buyer can easily be dazzled by the model and the marketing, and lose focus on the things that make living in a particular unit enjoyable and nuisance free. Much of the dissatisfaction with condominium ownership can be traced back to a buyer’s failing to check out one of the following:
How Does the Neighborhood Measure Up?
- Is the neighborhood improving or is it declining?
- Is the complex convenient to the amenities you need, such as, public transportation, shopping, cultural and recreational facilities?
- Are quality schools – public or private – nearby? Even if you do not have children, proximity to quality schools greatly influences value.
How Do the Common Areas of the Complex Measure Up?
- Is parking ample, convenient to the unit and as invisible as possible – especially from the front door?
- Is the structure sound, attractive and apparently well-maintained?
- Are all public and private entrances equipped with double-lock systems, and where possible electronic surveillance?
- Are the laundry facilities, community rooms, saunas, locker rooms, game rooms, individual storage spaces and trash collection areas convenient and discretely located.
- Does placement of elevators and stairwells present a noise nuisance?
How Does the Unit Measure Up?
- Where are the sources of noise intrusion?
- Are the walls, ceilings and floors sound proofed?
- Are the air conditioning and heating units in good condition or do will you need a heating repair boise id?
- Are the windows energy efficient?
- Is the unit’s security mechanisms adequate?
- How much foot traffic moves pass the unit?
- Is the bathroom facilities first rate?
- Is the kitchen equipped with first rate appliances and an exhaust fan?
Which Condo is Right for You? Check Out our Austin Condo Guide
Not quite sure which condo building is right for you? Check out our Austin Condo Guide for a complete list of buildings by area of Austin.
Austin Condos for Sale
Looking to Buy a Condo in Austin?
Our team of condo experts can help! With a combined 55+ years of experience, we know the Austin condo market and can help you get a great deal. We’ll also help you identify which condos might be more suitable for your lifestyle, so you’ll minimize surprises. Check out our Austin Home Buyer page for more info about who we are and how we work. Then, call us at (512) 827-8323 or email us at info@11OaksRealty.com to schedule a no obligation consultation.