If there isn’t enough going on in Austin with SXSW, Rodeo Austin also begins it’s week long event on Sunday, March 11th . The rodeo’s roots began in Austin in 1938 as a small cattle show featuring 16 animals. Today, Rodeo Austin is the 5th largest indoor, regular season ProRodeo in the world.
The official sport of Texas packed in over 300,000 fair-goers in 2010 with expectations of higher attendance this year. Rodeo Austin is not just a bull bucking affair, the event also features the largest carnival in Austin, a BBQ cook-off, a petting zoo, livestock shows, roving Mariachis and Mutton Bustin. There is also a nightly concert on the Rodeo’s Main stage featuring headliners from every music genre.
Concert Schedule at Rodeo Austin
- March 12, 2011 – Xtreme Bull Riding & Eli Young Band
- March 13, 2011 – Xtreme Bull Riding & Big Time Rush
- March 14, 2011 – ProRodeo & Dierks Bentley
- March 15, 2011 – ProRodeo & Jason Derulo
- March 16, 2011 – ProRodeo & LeAnn Rimes
- March 17, 2011 – ProRodeo & Easton Corbin
- March 18, 2011 – ProRodeo & Josh Turner
- March 19, 2011 – ProRodeo & The Band Perry
- March 20, 2011 – ProRodeo & Ronnie Milsap
- March 21, 2011 – ProRodeo & Joe Nichols
- March 22, 2011 – ProRodeo & Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
- March 23, 2011 – ProRodeo & Clay Walker
- March 24, 2011 – ProRodeo & Rick Springfield
- March 25, 2011 – ProRodeo & George Jones
- March 26, 2011 – ProRodeo Finals & Kevin Fowler
Rodeo Austin 2011 Pictures
When is Rodeo Austin?
Doors open for Rodeo Austin at 10 a.m. on Friday March 11th and runs through Saturday, March 26th. Daily times vary so click here to see the daily schedule and map. The ProRodeo and Concert on the Mainstage begin at 7 p.m. nightly.
Where is Rodeo Austin?
Rodeo Austin will be held a the Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo Grounds and the Travis County Expo Center.
The Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo grounds are located at 9100 Decker Lake Road, Austin 78724
The Travis County Expo Center is located at 7311 Decker Lane, Austin 78724
How Much Does Rodeo Austin Cost?
ProRodeo and Concert on the Main Stage (includes Fairgrounds gate admission)*
- Box Seats- $37
- Reserved Seats- $25
- Xtreme Seats- $175
Fairground Gate Admission
- Adult (13 and up)- $7
- Children $4
- Under 2- Free
Carnival (includes Fairgrounds gate admission)
- Adult- $27 online/$32 at the gate
- Children- $24 online/$29 at the gate
- Adult- $130
- Children- $105
*Please check the Rodeo Austin website or call 512.919.3000 to verify ticket details, costs and pricing for special events.
If you make it out to Rodeo Austin 2011 we would love to hear your thoughts and stories for the event. Feel free to send us pictures and we would be happy to post them on our blog. Have fun and enjoy the rodeo.