With the Fall season in full swing, now is the perfect time to update both the exterior and interior of your home to make it more attractive to Austin home buyers and add a festive touch. When making your list of diy home improvements and decorations, keep in mind less is usually more. You don’t want to scare away a home buyer with too much Halloween, do we?
7 Ways to Spruce Up Your Austin Home for a Fall Sale
- Do a thorough Fall clean up, get rid of the remains of what was once beautiful Summer flowers. Make sure leaves and storm debris has been properly cleared.
- Use a simple wreath in Fall colors on your front door. Nothing adds more of a Fall touch.
- Enhance your steps or entry way with the addition of potted mums in rich fall colors, add a few pumpkins, a candled lantern or group some gourds together for a lovely Fall scape.
- Take some new photographs of your Fall enhancements. (Read about the importance of great photos when selling your home.) Give them to your Austin Realtor to add to your listing, that way the home buyer who starts their search online will be attracted to the Fall eye candy you have created.
- With daylight hours getting fewer and not as much natural light coming in, it is important to have as many interior lights on for showings as possible. Make sure your bulbs have a high wattage and add a warm cast.
- If any of your rooms are painted a dark color, now is the perfect time to lighten up the wall color to a pleasant warm toned neutral.
- Fireplaces are definitely an asset this time of year, but ashes and dust are not. Always clean out ash chamber before showing. Replace with a few fresh logs. Maybe add a lovely painting on the mantle, a pair of candle sticks or some other well placed objects. Simple, easy and inviting.
Need to Sell Your Austin Home this Fall?
Our home selling program is proven to sell your Austin home faster and for more money than any other plan in Austin. We’ve put together the most comprehensive home selling system to target potential home buyers wherever they are looking. Check out our Austin Home Seller’s Guide to learn why our program is so effective. Then, fill out our Seller Survey, call us at (512) 827-8323 or email us at info@11OaksRealty.com to schedule a no obligation consultation.
Leave a Reply