Austin is undergoing a period of tremendous growth and development. Where vacant parcels once lay unused, contractors are building anew. In a city like Austin where large vacant parcels are rare, new construction takes the form of tearing out the old and building the new. We call this process “infilling” and it is based on the economic concept of using land for its “highest and best use.” That is, to achieve maximum benefit from land it should be used in a way that generates the greatest benefit for its time and place.
New Homes Replace Older Homes All Over Austin
There seems to be urgency in Austin. New homes are replacing old ones with ever increasing rapidity. Older homes which have character and are structurally sound are being enlarged and upgraded creating greater value both of the home itself and the neighborhood. So, goes the “infilling” process.
When you buy a new inner city home in Austin several unique considerations arise which you want to research and understand. You need to make sure that the infrastructure elements like walls and windows are well done by professional and built by professionals. Buying a new home in the central region of the city is a decision that will affect your lifestyle for years to come. It is important to get the best advice, have professional representation and make sure you have relevant information available on which to base your purchase decision. I have compiled this list of considerations to help you find the most suitable home for your family and get the best value when purchasing a new infill home in Austin.
10 Tips for Buying an Infill Home in Austin
- Parking – Is there ample parking for your family and guests?
- Noise – Is the background noise tolerable?
- Neighborhood nuisances – Is there any undesirable activity nearby that is disturbing?
- Light – Does the home get adequate light and will it after the surrounding construction is complete?
- Activity- Visit the property regularly in the morning, afternoon and evening to understand the rhythms of the area.
- Transportation – Confirm the traffic routes, bus routes and drive time to work.
- Food Services – Are the grocery stores and restaurants to you wish to patronize convenient?
- Shopping – Is there ample shopping choices nearby to service your needs?
- Health care – Is proximity to medical services important to anyone in your family?
- Community amenities – Is proximity to church, library, community center satisfactory?
More Advice About Buying New Construction in Austin
In addition the above 10 tips, check out The Pros and Cons of Buying New Construction in Austin. There are many details to review as a buyer when buying a new infill home in Austin. Asking the right questions will facilitate your decision making process.
How to Find Infill Homes
The best strategy would be to head over to our Austin Home Search program, put in the zip codes you want to live and then select “New Construction” under the Features tab on the left side of the application. This will show you all the new construction available in the chosen zip codes. Don’t know which zip codes you want to live? Check out our pre-made Austin Infill Home Search below.
Austin Infill Homes for Sale
Ready to Take the Next Step to Home Ownership?
We can help save you time and money! Check out our Austin Home Buyer Representation Program to find out how we’re different than your average Realtor. Then call us at (512) 827-8323, email us at info@11OaksRealty.com or fill out our Buyer Survey to schedule a no obligation consultation.
Leave a Reply