Are people smarter today about buying a home than they were 10 years ago? Maybe a better question is: are prospective home buyers maximizing the benefits of new technology and the abundance of online information available today?
People Are Busy
It seems that the ability to be smart when you buy a house has vastly improved over the past ten years, but most people are just not taking advantage of the opportunities. Years ago when I first began teaching home buyer education workshops people were eager to learn about the things they needed to know – the tips and the traps – about home buying.
The reality is that people are busy; modern life is cluttered, chaotic, and most people have too much to do and not enough time to do it. It is virtually impossible to dedicate hours to research and study before they buy. So, instead of putting together a logical plan of action to buy a house, they “back into” a process.
Proper Planning Will Save You Time and Money
Certainly no prior planning is required to buy a house and it’s convenient, but it leaves a lot to happenstance. The biggest drawback of this laisse faire approach is that it can cost people tens of thousands of dollars in mistakes. Why not bundle the availability and convenience of the internet with the protection of a better step by step process? Here is an idea to help you get started on the right path.
Interview Real Estate Agents
First and foremost, interview agents for the job of helping you buy a house. You should do this (around six months out) once you are fairly clear on the areas you wish to consider, the los angeles real estate agents set the bar for the requirements that you’d like to find in a potential real estate agent. We would be happy to send you a list of questions that will help guide you through the interview process.
Every Realtor Has Access to All Austin Homes for Sale
Most people back-in to agent selection purely based upon their inquiries – a sign or ad call – about a certain home. Do you feel lucky? In my opinion, 95% of the agents that you could contact are far less qualified than the remaining 5% to assist you, but they all are good enough to get you access to the home. Every REALTOR in town has the same access rights to homes as any other; far fewer have the competency to help you build a successful purchase.
Does the Realtor You Choose Have Skill & Experience or Just Access?
According to Greensborough real estate agents if access to a property is the most significant qualifier for how you choose an agent, aren’t you in effect saying that an agent’s knowledge, skill and experience are secondary? Do you really think having a lockbox key is the best “qualification” to help you and your family buys the most suitable home for the lowest price possible? And, let us not forget that the listing agent is the seller’s agent – not your agent- whose job it is the get the best business deal for the seller, not you.
Choose a Qualified, Experienced Austin Realtor
There are some super, highly qualified real estate agents to help you buy a house, and they typically will not charge you anything (they are paid by the seller). Many of the best agents have earned professional designations (e.g. Certified Residential Specialist – CRS, Accredited Buyers Agent – ABR) from the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS. Why not take the time to interview and hire the best one for you and your family?
Our Buyer Representation Program Works
We have developed a step-by-step home buying program that takes the guess work and uncertainty out of the process. If you like to know how to get to the closing table in a hassle-free manner, this program shows you up-front what you need to do and when you need to do it. I’ve been coaching home buyers accomplish their goals since 1978, and the program works.
Ready to Start Your Austin Home Search?
If you’re ready to interview agents and start your Austin home search, check out our Austin Home Buyer page for more info about who we are and how we are different. Our Austin Realtors are trained to the highest level and will help save you time and money. Call us at (512) 827-8323 or email us at info@AustinRealEstateHomesBlog.com to schedule a no obligation consultation.