Why move to Austin? When we were looking for a place to relocate from the San Francisco area, we visited several cities and researched all sorts of locations. But, the one thing we found was Austin made almost every single list of top places to live. We’d visited Austin a few times and decided to make the move. Austin has lived up to this hype and far exceeded any of our expectations as far as quality of life and things to do. And, we’re not the only ones who feel that way, as you can see below, so once you decide to come live down here you can contact these movers to help you out.
Austin’s Economy is Poised for Recovery
Austin is known for being very small business friendly and an overall affordable place to live. Its also been named to several best cities for job growth and job availability lists. With all the high-tech companies moving to Austin like removalist Gold Coast, we would expect the job market to only improve. Check out this impressive list of Austin’s Economic Accolades.
- 1 of 10 Most Affordable Cities – Forbes, November, 2010
- 2nd Best-Performing Cities 2010: Where America’s Jobs Are Created & Sustained – Milken Institute October, 2010
- 10 Metropolitan Areas Where You can Buy a Home for Less than $800 a Month. U.S. News, September 2010
- Texas is predicted to be the Place that will Lead the Country to a Solid Economic Recovery – National Journal, September 2010
- Tops multiple Business Facilities Metro Rankings: #1 for Quality of Life, #1 for Renewable Energy Availability, & #2 among Greenest Metros – Business Facilities, July, 2010
- 10th Fastest-Growing Exporter in U.S. July 2010
- Texas ranked as the Best State for Business – Chief Executive, June 2010
- Texas ranked Best State Tax Systems for Entrepreneurship & Small Business -Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council, May 2010
- Best Big City for Jobs – Forbes, April 2010
- Top 10 of Forbes’ Best Places for Business & Careers – April 2010
- Best City for the Next Decade by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, July 2010
- 1st on the list of the 10 Best Places for Your Future – Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, July 2010
- 3rd of 20 Cities Having an Awesome Recovery in Business – Insider, March 2010
- Tied for #1 in Forbes’ List of Cities Where the Recession is Easing – March 2010
- #2 in Job Growth Top 50 Major Metropolitan Areas – Texas Workforce Commission and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, February 2010
- Top Score (Nationwide) for Small-Business Vitality – Portfolio.com/bizjournals study, January 2010
- 9th Easiest City to Find a Job – Juju.com, January 2010
Living Well in Austin
Not only do we work hard, but we play hard too. Whether you like to golf, boat, shop, swim, hike, bike or experience the nightlife you’ll always find something to do. We often say, if you can’t have fun in Austin, maybe you just can’t have fun? Check out these other top awards.
- #3 Dog-Friendly City in the US – dogfriendly.com, May 2010
- Top 10 for Best Quality of Life – Portfolio.com, May 2010
- One of the US’ Cleanest Air Cities – American Lung Association April 2010
- Top 10 of the Best Places to Live – RelocateAmerica.com, April 2010
- Top 10 Destination in U-Haul’s National Migration Trend Report. – UHaul, April 2010
- #5 on 100 Best Retirement Towns – TopRetirements.com, February 2010
- Austin Bergstrom Ranked Best Airport in North America and 2nd Best in the World in Size Class – Airports Council International, February, 2010
- Best Local Music Scene – Budget Travel Readers Choice Award, February 2010
- #1 for Young Adults – Porfolio.com, March 2010
Austin is Smart!
Not only do we have some smart people living in Austin, but we also have tons of smart people moving here everyday to start businesses or careers. Austin’s also keeping some of its out of state UT Austin students who get full time employment in Austin once they graduate. Talk to Austin residents and you’ll understand why so many tech companies are setting up shop in Austin.
- 7th Smartest City in America – Daily Beast November, 2010
- 6th Smartest City in America – CNNMoney.com, October, 2010
- University of Texas at Austin named 9th Best Graduate Program for Entrepreneurs. – Entrepreneur, October, 2010
- #2 on the list of America’s Most Innovative Cities – Forbes, May 2010
Want More Reasons to Move to Austin?
Check out our Austin Neighborhood Guides where you’ll find things to do, places to eat and homes for sale. Or, go directly to our FREE Austin Area Home Search. If you’re moving from a very expensive city like San Francisco (like we did), you’ll be amazed at the type of home you can buy here for less than ¼ of the price.